Havering Athletics Club
Havering hosted a county athletics Championships for the first time in many years when the Essex County Track & Field Relays were held at Hornchurch Stadium on Friday 30th June. A well-attended evening saw club teams win 14 medals, seven of them gold. The club have agreed to host the County Cross country relays at Stubbers in October. - The club Under13 relay teams were invited to take part in the Club Connect relays held as part of the Muller Anniversary Games meeting at the Olympic Stadium on 9th July. The U13 girls team marked the occasion with a new club 4x100m record, in placing fourth, while the U13 boys squad were seventh. The young athletes and their coaches had a fantastic day & were supported by a group of their teammates, whose tickets were funded by a Jack Petchey Foundation grant. - Four club athletes won medals in the recent English Schools Championships. Max Law won silver in the javelin, which won him selection for the English Schools team who competed in Dublin, where he again finished second. There were three bronze medals: Jessica Mitchell in the 3000m in a new club record, Mayi Hughes in the triple jump and Alice Brown in the junior discus. Five other club members also represented Essex at these prestigious championships. - With one fixture remaining, the club's senior men's British League team are one step away from promotion to National Division Two after victory in their recent fixture at Bedford. Both Youth Development League squads (U13/U15s, and U17/U20s) have confirmed their Southern Premier Division status after a good season and the Eastern Young Athletes League team top the table with two matches remaining. - An 8-strong club team were the overall winners of the Spitfire Scramble 24 hour relay race held at Hornchurch Country Park on 15th/16th July.
Havering 90 Joggers/Parkrun
- Our main event in July was the Spitfire Scramble, which is a 24 hour race that starts midday Saturday and finishes midday Sunday. The event took place in Hornchurch Country Park around a six miles loop. Overall the event was a great a success and a plus for Havering sport and put us on the map in terms of endurance racing. The 800 or so present had a great time camping and running overnight and have vowed to return for the fifth edition next year, which will be bigger and even better.
- Havering '90 had a few teams in this race and won a few trophies. We won the male pairs trophy, came third in the female pairs and second in female teams of 3
Read on for club reports from:
Havering Tennis Club
HDSA Broxhill Archers
Havering Judo Club
Havering Tennis Club
Peter Bruce attended the event celebrating the LYG and was surprised and honoured to receive a trophy to mark his 40 years as LYG tennis team coach.- 7 adult league matches have been played with 4 more to play- menâ€™s team lost 2, 1 match postponed, 1 lost- mixed team won 2, 1 drawn- Mixed league 2nd in the league behind Gidea Park who were undefeated before their match with HTC where they were beaten 3-1. No league results for the menâ team have been posted. - Junior league season has finished - played 4, 2 drawn and 2 lost.
- Romford sports centre on track for completion in February/March 2018. - Central Park gym extension is on track with the partition erected and structure complete.Â The new car park extension is also complete. - Sportivate funded female futsal session at Hornchurch for 11-16 year oldâ€™s due to start at Hornchurch on 27th July with 12 signed up so far. - LBH cycle hub providing training for borough residents at Hornchurch on Sundays - all sessions fully booked. - Walking football taking place at Hornchurch with another session at Central Park to start in September. - Working with England Netball regarding Walking Netball and Back to Netball. Para swim taking place at Chaffords on various Tuesdays over the summer in partnership with LBH Sports Development team. - Summer holiday activities taking place at Hornchurch, Central Park and Noak Hill.
- 9 HDSA members visited Benfleet School and took part in the Lions Club Disabled Games where 27 medals were won. - LYG - Archers from Broxhill and Noak Hill were part of the Havering team which achieved 6th place overall.- Both clubs will be taking part in a summer novelty shoot on 6th August.
Hornchurch Cricket Club
Sat 1st XI - won 6 lost 5 Sat 2nd XI - won 9 drawn 1 abandoned 1 - promotion likely next season Sat 3rd XI - won 7 drawn 1 lost 2 abandoned 1 Sat 4th XI - won 6 drawn 1 lost 2 abandoned 1 at 5th XI - won 2 drawn 1 lost 6 abandoned 1 1st XI lost in the Essex Dukes T20/20 semi final.
Havering-atte-Bower Cricket Club
- HABCC have now played 12 league games: 1st XI won 6 lost 5 no result 1 still 3rd in Division 2 2nd XI won 1 lost 10 no result 1 9th in Division 6 All Star Cricket continues on Saturday mornings On 2nd July the club held a very successful fun day to raise funds for the club.Â With good weather and turnout and with the Mayor in attendance a good time was had by all. - 27th August Hornchurch AFC v HABCC followed by a race night.
Acorn Football Club
-Â Club tournaments were held on the previous Saturday and despite poor weather there was a good turn out and matches.Â More tournaments are scheduled for next Saturday.
Havering Judo Club
- Havering Judo Club has been running for many years but the ill health of its very long standing coach last year threatened it's entire closure. Two club members, Roy Wain and his daughter Charlotte, strove very hard to stop its closure by fast tracking themselves to become Level 1 Judo Coaches and recruited a Level 2 Judo Coach colleague to help, they were able to relaunch the club under British Judo Association Guidelines in January 2017 and the club has continued to grow steadily. Sessions are held for Adults and Juniors at The Campion School, Hornchurch every Saturday morning from 10 to 11.30am. - We are very proud to announce our first competition medal winner since re-launch was Samuel Pellicci (11) who secured Silver in the Red Belt Competition held at Bishops Stortford Judokwai on 10th June 2017 - Looking to get club mark - looking for adults and children to join adults Â£5 children Â£4 with a family discount offered
- After much effort and frustration, we managed to get 3 of our divers selected to dive at the youth games. Jessica Lowrie came in 2nd and Havering, as a team, came in first overall. Delighted as it was initially unlikely that Jessica would have had the option to dive under the previous selection. - Got another session organised- Grading session for children later in the year