Welcome to Havering Sports Council, our aim is to promote and encourage sporting activity throughout the borough by representing all our affiliated members. All sporting organisations and individuals are welcome to become members and attend our monthly meetings held at Romford Town Hall on the 4th Tuesday of each month (except for Aug & Dec).
Tuesday 22nd November - 8.00 p.m.
Romford Town Hall
Club Reports from the Oct Meeting
Information on forthcoming events and results of past events from October meeting
Havering-atte-Bower Cricket Club
- With the cricket season now over work is taking place on annual maintenance.
- The lack of toilets at Bedfords Park will continue to be an issue for the next season. It was suggested that London Marathon Charity Trust should be approached regarding the possibility of submitting a funding proposal and Dan Alleyn agreed to raise this with Joe Thompson of London Marathon Charity Trust.
Havering Tennis Club
- Winter training is in full swing so coaches are busy working on technique, tactics, speed and fitness in preparation for the next summer season. - Club presentation night to be held on Friday, 18th November at Dagenham Football Club. Presentations include junior and adult tournament trophies as well as the coaches’ award for the most improved player of the year and the John Perkins trophy for the outstanding club member of the year.
- Michelle Gustavesen was introduced as the new officer responsible for organising the London Youth Games. - Gaynor Spong is looking to work with local Sports Clubs to organise sports sessions for children during school holidays. These may be clubs which are looking for new members or clubs which just want to promote their ongoing activities. This would be publicised in the booklet sent to all primary schools in the boroug - Elvan Dixon has secured extra funding for a 30 week programme of para sport activities and activities for Girls at Royals in Rainham.
HDSA/Broxhill Archers - No date yet known for moving back to the Broxhil premises.
Thames Chase - Last year’s attendance and usage record was broken with damage caused by the volume of visitors reduced.
Harold Hill Bowls Club - Winter activities taking place. The club now has over 100 members.
Havering 90 Joggers and Parkrun
- A defibrillator is now a mandatory requirement to be available at the starting point of each run at a cost of £700.
2016 Havering Sports Council Sports Awards
Supported by McDonalds Restaurant's Romford
£200 cheque for winners of the Junior, Sports Competitor and Disability awards
The hunt is on again to reward Havering's top sporting achievers and behind-the-scenes helpers, as nomination forms are now available for the Annual Sports Awards.
The main presentation is for the "The Doug Riden Lifetime Achievement Award" (Sponsored by McDonald's Restaurants of Romford) which goes to a person who has dedidated himself/herself to local sport.
All category other awards have both a winner and 2 runners-up :
JUNIOR SPORTS COMPETITOR-OF-THE-YEAR (Sponsored by West & Coe Funeral Directors)
SPORTS COMPETITOR-OF-THE-YEAR (Sponsored by MDS Printers)
DISABILITY SPORTS COMPETITOR-OF-THE-YEAR (Sponsored by the Beadle Family)
SPORTS VOLUNTEER-OF-THE-YEAR (Sponsored by Cllr.John Mylod)
SENIOR SCHOOL TEAM-0F-THE-YEAR (Sponsored by Brentwood M & E Services Ltd)
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEAM OF-THE-YEAR (Sponsored by Cllr.Melvin Wallace)
SPORTS CLUB-OF-THE-YEAR (Sponsored by DMS Fencing)
Winner of the Junior Sports category, Sports Competitor and Disability awards will receive a £200 cash awards (sponsored by Lodge Farm Tennis Club)
Nominations close January 9th.
All finalists are to be invited to a Presentation Buffet (Sponsored by McDonald's Restaurants) at Upminster Golf Club, on Monday 6th February where awards will be be presented by local dignataries and sponsors' representatives.
Nomination forms are widely avaiable in libraries, sports centres and public buildings.
Nomination forms and more information are now available here for the 2016 Sports Awards.
An online form is available here
The next round of sports bursaries will finish at the end of Feb 2017 download the forms on this website.
Are looking for talented young athletes to sponsor for ‘Sporting Champions’ campaign
Talented young sports men and women in Havering have a unique opportunity to gain sponsorship from Everyone Active as part of its ‘Sporting Champions’ talented young athlete scheme. Everyone Active operates Central Park Leisure Centre, Hornchurch Sports Centre and Chafford Sports Complex in partnership with Havering Council, and is reaching out to potential local sports stars in the run up to the Olympics.
More information in this document
Welcome to another new member of Havering Sports Council:
Havering Gymnastics - Sec. Mike Murphy