Welcome to Havering Sports Council, our aim is to promote and encourage sporting activity throughout the borough by representing all our affiliated members. All sporting organisations and individuals are welcome to become members and attend our monthly meetings held at Romford Town Hall on the 4th Tuesday of each month (except for Aug & Dec).
On TIME FM (107.5FM) each Thursday at 7 p.m. commencing on Thursday 27th July
The station will endeavour to mention what's coming-up locally.
THURSDAY EVENING SPORTS SHOW on your subject line
Club Reports from the October Meeting:
Hylands Community Amateur Sports Club - Club is part of the ClubWorks programme which has helped extend its network to achieve results which enrich the Friday club is self-sustainable after 3 years
- As a result of a successful funding application the Saturday club can offer members the first term free of charge then reduced fees for the following term. - A new club has been launched for U10s tennis attending with an accompanying adult
Havering Tri -
- busy year for club members was reported with highlights including a 73rd place in the London Marathon.
The club is growing quickly with 126 members - The club has secured track access at HAC on Friday nights starting the following week until next March.
- Future access to facilities at Bretons Park was raised although it is understood that discussions on this development are at a very early stage.
KAS Swim Club
- An intensive 3 day course was held recently
- Membership currently 300 adults with a waiting list for Saturday sessions at Abbs Cross.
Havering Tennis Club
- The Finals Day was held on 8th October with Junior and Adult finals held on the same day. Some matches were not played due to illness but all other matches went ahead with a lot of great tennis.
- Presentation night will be held on Friday, 17th November.
LBH Sports development
Current activities include:-
- Football on Wednesdays at 5pm at Central Park
- Dodgeball on Tuesdays at 4.30 pm at Royals Youth Centre
- Us Girls Basketball at Sacred Heart School but looking to expand into 2 other venues.
- October half term sessions in full swing London Youth Games
- Primary panathlon took place on 18th October with 85 students from 12 primary schools taking part with a joint team from Scargill and Ardleigh Green schools winning with a score of 80 points.- a further panathlon planned for 8th November at Drapers Academy.
- Cross country trials have taken place with results due shortly and cricket trials planned for November/December.
-Daniel Alleyn will be leaving LBH at the end of November.
Everyone Active -
6 weeks free athletics sessions for children aged 8-10years taking place at Hornchurch Sports Centre 7th Nov to 12th Dec, 4.30-5.30pm. Funded by Community Athletics Funding. Phone Hornchurch Sports Centre for details. - Walking Netball at Hornchurch Sports Centre Mondays 11.30 to 12.30pm in partnership with England Netball
- Walking Football at Central Park Fridays 1.30-2.30pm.
- Learn to cycle sessions taking place at Hornchurch Sports Centre over Oct half term as part of the Community Cycle led by LBH Smarter travel team and Cycle Confident.
- Working with the LBH Health and Sports Development Team, Para Swim session at Chafford Sports Complex also a Â 6 week block of Para Swim sessions Sundays 12-1.30pm 5th Nov to 17th Dec
- Come along to Hornchurch Sports Centre Open Day, Sat 4th Nov, 12noon to 4pm Free activities include childrenâ€™s sports activities, face painting, health checks, personal training sessions, free swimming and more! See flyer for more information. For more information phone 01708 454135
Hornchurch Cricket Club
- The season has finished with training for 7-16 year olds starting in November.
Thames Chase report
- Another successful year with weekends particularly busy but capacity still available if any clubs wish to use the facilities there. - London 10k hosted earlier in the year.
- Office space has been obtained in a building at the rear of the centre but some vandalism has unfortunately been experienced.
Nominations are now being accepted for the prestigious Havering Sports Council Sports Awards. There are categories to suit all sports men and women, boys and girls and clubs and volunteers with the winners of the Junior Competitor, Sports Competitor and Disability Sports Competitor Awards receiving a cheque for £200.
The complete list can be found here along with nomination forms and an online form.
After nominations are sifted, finalists will be announced and prizes awarded at a presentation evening at Upminster Golf Club in February 2018.
JUNIOR SPORTS COMPETITOR OF THE YEAR
COMPETITOR OF THE YEAR
DISABILITY SPORTS AWARD
SPORTS VOLUNTEER OF THGE YEAR
SPORTS CLUB OF THE YEAR
SENIOR SCHOOL TEAM OF THE YEAR
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEAM OF THE YEAR
DOUG RIDEN LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD